In its running and organisation Live Streamed Comedy is fairly typical of Auckland open mic comedy nights:
- We pre-book comedians. This is done through our Facebook group.
- The call for a cast is normally posted the day after the previous show.
We differ from other open mics in:
- We are live streamed on the internet with the performers remote from us.
- We allow comedians to specify their own set length, within reason.
- When Zoom wants to play nice we change our camera into a countdown clock indicating how much time you have remaining. When Zoom is being picky we frantically wave a light at our webcam. Either way, if you can see our thumbnail you’ll be warned.
- We allow sign-ups from the floor, time permitting.
We have prepared notes and videos giving advice on performing live comedy via Zoom.
Code of Conduct:
We have not developed our own code of conduct as we believe that there should be a single code of conduct used by all comedy shows in New Zealand. The New Zealand Comedy Guild Incorporated has developed a code that we fully endorse. It can be found here (pdf).
We expect everyone involved with our shows, including ourselves, to abide by this code.